Saturday 26 September 2015

Communication | Saga Saturday



Hello there hedgehogs,

Gosh, I can't believe it's been a week already since our last Saga Saturday. But nevertheless the time has come for another weekly roundup of favorites and highlights. Despite a rather melancholic, snotty few days, 'happiness can be found, even in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light', once claimed by my ol' man Dumbledore.
With seeing both Halloween and Christmas stock in stores, I'm sure after writing this I'll be meandering merrily downtown.

Weekly Favorites:


 "In the bad times, choose to grow stronger. In the good times, choose to enjoy fully. In all times, choose to be grateful."


 'Blood I Bled' by The Staves. Another 'bus journey' classic of mine. It's just genuinely illusory and catchy. Perhaps not as relaxing as last week's, but I still find it somewhat mood-lifting on the odd occasion.

La Meditazione, 1850 by Francesco Hayez.  This painting won't be to everybody's liking, but I think it strikes as a beguiling and curious study. There are so many meanings behind each brush stroke; the essence presented by the model poses afflicted questions and sincerity. Not to mention that, noticeably, the piece boldly represents natural beauty and the intrinsic body of women.
  
 The Skyrim Senile Scribbles series. Seriously, you can't beat a bit of Skyrim, particularly when this marvelous chap takes the mick out of all the illogical sides of the game. If you've never played it, you probably won't see anything humorous about it. (And of course you're missing out.)

This week I found a small product which I genuinely think is now one of my favorites. It isn't precisely one for the men out there, unless you favor lip-colour. Burt's Bees lip gloss. I have much darker shades, comparable to fallen autumn leaves. They smell incredible; don't feel too sticky; appears pure, healthy and gentle; applicable for any skin-tone and nourishes your lips. Best of all, they're 100% natural, something I feel strongly about. Wahey.

This may be the photo I've used as my profile image, (on almost every website) but there's a very good reason for that. It's a miracle indeed that the very sight of a simple photo can fill a person with such warmth every time it's seen. This was taken on November 27th 2014, my birthday (Seems to be a recurring theme here...), as me and my wonderful mother adventured around the Christmas markets in Manchester all evening; along with a spot of shopping of course.
This is about to get sentimental, soppy and a perhaps little uncomfortable, just a warning. This is essentially my favorite photo of all time. That particular month, I was in one of the worst places I had ever been in my life, yet the moment this was taken it appears to be the happiest. Out of all the darkness, a glimmer of light struck a chord that night. In fact I'd go as far to say it captures the happiest I had been in a long, long time. Not only that, but it is one of the only photos that I like of myself. We all pick out our imperfections and over-analyze, and it's no doubt a rarity we find an image which genuinely makes us smile. It is also rare I get myself and my mum together in a photo, so that makes its value all the more precious. She is a true beauty, whom I am extremely grateful for and owe my heart to. Ultimately, this one photo represents how our relationship has grown over the past couple of years. So, cheers mother!


Weekly Highlights:

  Once again, an arduous one to answer. But scrap that, let's keep pushing. My prime moment this past week has been, wait for it... Communication. What the hell? Well for many years now I've persisted to be a social recluse. Though I've been attempting to push my limits and actually communicate with people. I've posted tweets in my own words rather than only links, I've even branched out to Facebook a little, (albeit still trying to keep distant, hence my previous blog post) it's been quite a showboat. I won't deny, it's been hard and I've since deleted a few posts due to hesitation and fear of being disliked. But an issue such as this is something we all must pass in order to fulfill a life of harmony and equal belonging. *Puts on monocle*

 After aimlessly staring at this blank screen for over an hour, I have at long last thought of an achievement, yay. I openly admitted something I'm currently struggling with to a cousin. At first it distressed me that I'd done such a thing, but being honest and truthful is simply human. Everybody has their own battles, often veiled deep behind their eyes, so why should yours be any less important? Support, help and love can be achieved if we accept ourselves and acknowledge that we need it. You deserve comfort and respect, principally to yourself. My, that got deep.

There we go, yippedy doo. Again feel free to use this idea of your 'Saga Saturday', I'm interested. You can all be positive and optimistic if you really focus on the right path.

Love,

B x

Follow

No comments:

Post a Comment